Sometimes we all need a little help, so we've put together a list of the top 10 questions we get asked. If you still can't find what you're looking for in this section, contact us with your enquiry.
How long does it take to register?We aim to have you placed into work as soon as possible, however the speed of the registration process depends on how quickly you can collate the required information. We have dedicated Recruitment Executives who will meet you at a location convenient to you at any time, to collect all paperwork and documentation in one visit.
Why do you ask for so many documents?Pulse are committed to quality and compliance and are recognised for this amongst our candidates and clients. Most importantly, we have an interest in your safety, as well as those of your patients, our clients and any service users. Therefore, we adhere to a number of legal legislations that are in place for any employees and associates, including: Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006/08, Rehabilitation of Offenders 1974, The Department of Health Guidelines and Agency Worker Regulations.
Do I have to pay for my DBS?The DBS charge £47.46 for the application to be processed. If you already have a DBS that has been registered with their update service, then you should have been informed that there is an annual cost of £13, which is paid directly to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Do you provide training in the areas you recruit into, if I don’t have experience?Due to the specialist nature of the roles we recruit in to, our clients tend look for candidates who are able to take on a role with limited support. On this basis, it is a prerequisite to have work experience in your chosen field.
Do you only do temporary work?We have a dedicated permanent staffing team, within the division, who are experienced in sourcing permanent and fixed term contract work opportunities for Psychological Therapists. Working with a number of prestigious clients offers a wide variety of choice.
What are the benefits of registering with Pulse?There are many advantages to working with Pulse, a few of these are:
- A dedicated team focused solely on placing health sciences staff
- Access to the widest choice of temporary and permanent jobs in the NHS and private healthcare sector
- Competitive rates of pay
- A reputable brand, with a track record spanning nearly 30 years
- Daily payroll
- Rewards for recommending friends
- Access to childcare vouchers
- Secure online access to payslips and work history
- A responsible and reliable service around the clock
- A points reward system when you register and work, with cash payments toward CPD
- Access to high quality voluntary training and development
- Guaranteed hours
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services
What is the typical length of a temporary contract?Due to the nature of the work that Psychological Therapists undertake, typically positions will be from 3 months onwards. We cover anything from short term demand, to waiting list initiatives and ongoing vacant posts.
How do I submit my timesheet?
- You can use the fax number found in the top right hand corner of the timesheet which will send it straight through to our online payroll system – this is the quickest way and will avoid delays in pay
- You can use an alternative office fax, which we can provide to you
- You can email it to the team Recruitment Co-ordinator or your Consultant. Please utilise a scanner or scanner app on your smartphone and do not take a photo, as the quality of the picture will not be acceptable
- If you do not have access to email/fax facilities, you can post the timesheet to your consultant, the address can be provided to you
What should the ‘Client name’ be on the timesheet?
You need to enter the name of the Trust you are working for; not the hospital/clinic/venue you are based at, e.g. Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust. Please check with your consultant if you are not sure.
If I miss the payroll deadline, when will I be paid?
As we run payroll on a daily basis, your timesheet will fall into the next day’s process; typically you will receive payment in your account within 3 working days from it being processed here. Time sheets received before 9.30am will be processed that same day.
Why do I need to put the ‘total weekly hours’ as well as daily hours?
In the event of a miscalculation, we can contact you to ensure you receive the correct amount from the hours, which have been agreed by you, us and the client you are working for.
How will I know if I need a booking number on my timesheet?
We will advise you if a booking/purchase order/reference number is required and if necessary, we can add this on for you before processing your timesheet.
How soon will my pay reach my bank account, once it’s processed by Payroll?
Between 1-3 working days, depending on the method of payment (PAYE - Pay As You Earn /PSC – Personal Services Company)
Will I be paid for my breaks?
All breaks are unpaid.
Register with us here